ROLEC adds three new sizes of round IP66 enclosures
ROLEC has added three further sizes to its unique aluDISC range of round aluminum IP 66 enclosures. These groundbreaking diecast housings are suitable for both indoor and outdoor industrial electronics and electrical equipment.
The aluDISC enclosures have a unique round shape which has been designed to integrate both visually and functionally with industrial applications where everything is round: pipes, tanks, lamps, displays. Typical applications will include process control equipment, monitoring and detection systems, flow metering and other industrial measuring devices.
Manufactured in diecast aluminum and powder painted light grey RAL 7035, aluDISC electronics enclosures are now available in four standard sizes with external dimensions from 4.33" x 3.81" x 2.16" to 7.48" x 7.04" x 3.54". ROLEC aluDISC enclosures are rated IP 66 as standard but can also be specified as IP 69K or IP 67 housings with special factory-fitted gaskets.
Clip-in lid cover trims moulded in black POM plastic hide all of the assembly and mounting screws, giving a clean and very modern appearance when assembled. Flat areas on either side of the round face are provided for cable glands, connectors, controls and plugs.
ROLEC aluDISC electrical housings can be mounted to a wall, machine or other equipment while still assembled. There is no need to remove the lid, avoiding any possible damage to the components or sealing gasket. The clip-in trims are simply snapped into place after the unit is mounted. A round recessed area in the lid is designed for membrane keypads or product labels. Separate versions are available fitted with a transparent hinged cover for extra protection. The cover is opened and closed by a quarter turn fastener.
Internal screw bosses are provided for PCBs, mounting plates, earth leads and other components (screws included). Accessories include special fixings with integrated retaining straps. These keep the lid in situ during installation and servicing.
ROLEC offers a full customizing service on these industrial enclosure ranges with CNC milling, drilling, silk-screen printing, assembly of cable glands and terminals and much more – providing a fully finished housing ready for fitting the components.
Features of aluDISC IP 66 enclosures:
- the first round aluminum enclosures for industrial electronics and electrical equipment
- unique shape visually integrates with industrial equipment and pipework
- go anywhere: wall, bulkhead, machine
- lid recess for fitting a round membrane keypad or product label
- clip-on lid cover trims hide all the fixing and mounting screws
- enclosure can be mounted even while closed
- available with hinged transparent lid cover
- optional lid hinge/support
- internal screw bosses for mounting PCBs, mounting plates and assemblies
- compatible cable glands
- options – lid hinged/support, transparent cover, IP 67 or IP 69K protection, RFI/EMI shielding, high temperature gasket, corrosion-proof paint.